Let's get started!
Being part of Rise Up U is as easy as 1,2,3...
- INFORM members of your student organization about Rise Up U, and get them on board with organizing an event!
- DECIDE which 1 or 2 other student organizations you'd like to co-sponsor your event. Choose organizations with members that you don't know very well, so that you all make new friends and hear new perspectives.
- INVITE the leaders of those organizations to join you, and get them on board!
- ORGANIZE a meeting of all the co-sponsoring student organizations, and choose a local community organization to work with together. The organization should do work that reflects the values and interests of your members, and that reflects our vision and values.
- CONTACT the organization, and decide with them on a project that will allow your members to work with their staff and/or volunteers. The best projects involve physically challenging tasks that requires many hands and teamwork.
- REGISTER your event with us, so that we can cheer you on and answer any questions you have.
- RALLY your members to participate in the event!
- ENGAGE in your project when the big day arrives. Make sure that everyone has food and water, and feels included and valued in the work. Set aside time to reflect upon the meaning of your work, to get to know each other, and to share what your organizations are doing on campus.
- SHARE ideas about how your organizations can work together in the future to enhance your missions, and to make your campus a better place. The easiest thing to do is to organize another similar event, but the possibilities are endless!
- DOCUMENT your event with photos and videos! Make sure to get the names of all participants who want to be recognized on our site!
- SUBMIT your event information, reflections, and a picture to us so we can highlight your accomplishments on our site! You will inspire others to follow your great example! If you want to send more pictures or videos, just email them to us.
- THANK each other and your host organization for a job well done!
- ENJOY the new friends, sense of accomplishment, and greater sense of community that you have earned! Then, do it all over again, and don't forget to spread the word :)